Provides fiber for a healthy GI tract*
- ** Now Gluten Free **
- enhances production of the short-chain fatty acids that provide nutritional support to the cells of the large intestine*
- helps maintain already normal cholesterol and blood sugar levels*
- contains inulin – a good prebiotic fiber source for support of healthy gut flora*
- convenient powder for ease of mixing
- new formula with enhanced solubility in water – less clumping and mild tasting
The Importance of Soluble Fiber
Soluble fiber will dissolve in liquid – inside or outside the body – but it is not metabolized by the body. Nevertheless, soluble fiber is important for optimum digestion because it helps supply food for the beneficial bacteria that live in the digestive tract.* Inulin has been shown in numerous studies to promote the growth of these beneficial microorganisms, allowing them to crowd out detrimental organisms such as E. coli.* Benefits of a positive change in digestive micro–flora include improved immune function and general digestive health.* Inulin, apple pectin, and prune powder are excellent sources of soluble fiber.
The Importance of Insoluble Fiber
Regular consumption of insoluble fiber is important for optimal digestive health because it promotes a natural laxative effect by adding bulk to the diet, helping prevent constipation.* Because insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water it passes through the GI tract relatively intact, speeding up the passage of food and waste through the gut.* Oat fiber is an excellent source of insoluble fiber.
Prior to embarking on a detoxification program it is important to achieve optimal bowel function. MediBulk can speed transit time in the bowel and bind toxins released into the intestines from the liver, preventing their reabsorption.*