Bone Strength Formula with KoAct
The use of diets high in collagen to improve bone health dates back to ancient cultures. Life Extension brings you this exciting formulation with KoAct®, a patented chelated form of calcium and collagen designed to maintain optimal bone health. KoAct® helps maintain bone strength and mineral density.1 This remarkable ingredient allows for greater strength and flexibility, so your bones can absorb energy, reducing the risk of age-related injuries. Additional plant extracts from bamboo and dried plum have also been added for their bone-protective minerals and polyphenols.2-8
Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® contains the following ingredients:
- Facilitates absorption of calcium into the bloodstream.
- Regulates how much calcium enters and leaves bone tissue.
- Helps regulate healthy cell division and differentiation.
- Functions as a vital co-factor in bone mineralization through the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
KoAct® is a unique patented chelated compound of calcium and hydrolyzed collagen peptides (type I collagen) designed to enhance collagen support and turnover while supporting optimal bone mineral density and strength,
- A critical component of our skeleton, with 50-60% of totally body magnesium found in bone
- Positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding.
Plays an important role in bone formation through the synthesis and/or stabilization of collagen.
Supports osteoblast (bone building cells) activity and function by upregulating cell-signaling compounds (Runx2, Osterix and IGF-1) and enhancing expression of an enzyme (lysyl oxidase) that is involved in collagen cross-linking.
Impacts steroid hormone metabolism-affecting the levels of estrogens and testosterone.
If you need extra bone support, ask your healthcare professional how Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® can be part of a comprehensive nutritional program in conjunction with proper resistance exercise. Life Extension offers several mineral formulas that may complement Bone Strength Formula with KoAct® to ensure optimal mineral intake. If you have any questions about this, please call a Life Extension Health Advisor who can help to tailor a supplement program that meets your individual bone-care needs at 1-800-226-2370.
1. Hooshmand S et al. Evidence for bone reversal properties of a calcium-collagen chelate, a novel dietary supplement. J Food Nutr Disor. 2013;2(1):1-6.
2. Jugdaohsingh R et al. Dietary Silicon Intake is Positively Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Men and Premenopasual Women of the Framingham Offspring Cohort. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(2):297-307.
3. Arjmandi BH, Khalil DA, Lucas EA, et al. Dried plums improve indices of bone formation in postmenopausal women. J Womens Health Gend Based Med. 2002 Jan;11(1):61-8.
4. Bu SY, Lerner M, Stoecker BJ, et al. Dried plum polyphenols inhibit osteoclastogenesis by downregulating NFATc1 and inflammatory mediators. Calcif Tissue Int. 2008 Jun;82(6):475-88.
5. Franklin M, Bu SY, Lerner MR, et al. Dried plum prevents bone loss in a male osteoporosis model via IGF-I and the RANK pathway. Bone. 2006 Dec;39(6):1331-42.
6. Bu SY, Hunt TS, Smith BJ. Dried plum polyphenols attenuate the detrimental effects of TNF-alpha on osteoblast function coincident with up-regulation of Runx2, Osterix and IGF-I. J Nutr Biochem. 2009 Jan;20(1):35-44.
7. Bu SY, Lucas EA, Franklin M, et al. Comparison of dried plum supplementation and intermittent PTH in restoring bone in osteopenic orchidectomized rats. Osteoporos Int. 2007 Jul;18(7):931-42.
8. Deyhim F, Stoecker BJ, Brusewitz GH, Devareddy L, Arjmandi BH. Dried plum reverses bone loss in an osteopenic rat model of osteoporosis. Menopause. 2005 Nov;12(6):755-62.