DFH Complete Multi w/Copper (iron-free)
By popular demand, Designs for Health introduces DFH Complete Multi with Copper (iron-free)
This newest version of DFH classic 6-per day full-spectrum multivitamin contains 2 mg of copper, and is ideal for anyone who is copper-deficient. This is a stabilized mineral chelate from Albion (as copper glycinate chelate), so there is no risk of free copper in the body, which could cause oxidative stress.
This comprehensive multi also includes additional Albion chelated minerals for maximum bioavailability, high gamma tocopherol vitamin E, natural mixed carotenoids from the palm tree fruit—the best source of preformed vitamin A—and additional supportive nutrients not typically found in multivitamins such as alpha lipoic acid, TMG, fruit bioflavonoids and choline and inositol.
DFH Complete Multi with Copper contains a significant dose of all the B vitamins so easily depleted by stress (B12 in the preferred methylcobalamin form), 1000 IU of vitamin D, 500 mcg of vitamin K-1 (phytonadione), 50 mcg of vitamin K-2 (menaquinone), and calcium and magnesium in a 1:2 ratio. Selenium and iodine are found together in balance since it is crucial that the body has both for healthy thyroid function.
This multi is iron-free and PABA-free.
Functions of copper include:
- development of immune cells
- proper metabolism, absorption, and transport of iron
- formation of collagen; helps to keep skin firm, benefits wound healing
- energy production – due to its role in iron mobilization, the formation of hemoglobin and RBCs, and in the transport of oxygen throughout the body
- maintenance of blood vessels
- melanin formation
- myelin sheath formation/maintenance
DFH Complete Multi with Copper may be beneficial for:
- Copper-deficiency anemia
- Copper deficiencies sometimes seen with gastric bypass patients (Copper is absorbed in the duodenum and proximal jejunum, and is poorly absorbed when a significant portion of the proximal small intestine is bypassed.)
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Those on high dose, long-term supplementation of zinc (50 mg/day or more), as this may lead to a deficiency in copper
- Men and postmenopausal women (as these groups are likely to have adequate amounts of iron intake and storage levels)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.