Your body needs the trace mineral magnesium for more than 300 essential biochemical reactions, but most of us dont get enough magnesium from dietary sources alone. Extend-Release Magnesium is formulated with magnesium oxide for extended release and magnesium citrate for immediate absorption. By combining magnesium optimized for immediate and prolonged uptake, this advanced formula provides more consistent results.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Magnesium oxide for long term absorption
- Magnesium citrate for immediate uptake
- Essential for more than 300 biochemical reactions
- Combats widespread magnesium insufficiency
- Supports cardiovascular health, bone health, and more
Magnesium when and where you need it most
Life Extension customers have known about the health benefits of magnesium for years. Now, Life Extension offers Extend-Release Magnesium. Formulated with two kinds of magnesium, Extend-Release Magnesium is optimized for both immediate and prolonged dissolution and uptake. Extend-Release Magnesium ensures you get the maximum health benefits magnesium can provide, making it our most advanced magnesium supplement ever.
Magnesium relaxes the smooth muscles within the blood vessels, promoting cardiovascular health.1-4 Magnesium promotes the synthesis of serotonin and nitric oxide.5-7
Magnesium positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for optimal bone health.8, 9 Scientific literature documents the need for a number of minerals, including calcium and magnesium, to help maintain strong, healthy bones.
Whole body health
Dietary magnesium also improves metabolic profile, 10-12 beneficially impact insulin resistance, serum lipid profiles, promote a healthy inflammatory response, support healthy endothelial function, and protect against oxidative stress.13, 14
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011 Nov;13(11):843-7.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
- Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13
- Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):60-72.
- Hypertension. 2004 Dec;44(6):897-902.
- Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009 Mar 17;33(2):235-42.
- Amino Acids. 2002 Jun;22(4):381-9.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
- Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Feb;133(2):136-43.
- Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
- Public Health Nutr. 2012 Apr;15(4):693-701.
- Clin Cardiol. 2000 Jun;23(6):433-6.
- Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
- Eur J Clin Invest. 2011 Apr;41(4):405-10.