Soothing botanical support for the GI tract*
- helps maintain stomach and esophageal health*
- DaltonMax 700® is a 200:1 extract of organic aloe vera
- only inner fillet of the aloe vera is used – so no laxative effect
- slippery elm and marshmallow root provide soothing, mucilaginous compounds*
- licorice (as DGL) without the potential blood pressure-increasing effects of glycyrrhizin
Aloe vera demonstrates significant gastroprotective effects via a number of mechanisms, including mast cell stabilization and antioxidant effects.* Only the inner gel fillet is used in this product, alleviating any laxative effect.* Deglycyrrhizinated licorice is well known for its ability to optimize mucus production by gastrointestinal mucosal cells and to promote a healthy GI tract.* Licorice root preparations have been used for many years for the nutritional support of the stomach and duodenum.* Glycyrrhizin is removed from the extract to prevent a rise in blood pressure that has been observed in some individuals taking whole licorice root.* Slippery elm bark (Ulmus rubra) and marshmallow root (Althea officinalis) contain mucilaginous components that are soothing to the digestive tract.*
To soothe esophageal irritation, GI-Encap can be taken out of the capsule and mixed with warm water for a soothing tea.