High Potency Optimized Folate 5,000mcg
Folate helps maintain homocysteine levels within the normal range, 1 thereby promoting cardiovascular health.2 Folate also supports neurotransmitter synthesis—which in turn, helps maintain cognitive abilities.3
However, not everyone has sufficient activity of the enzyme required to convert folate to its biologically active form, 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, or 5-MTHF.4, 5
For those whose homocysteine levels remain stubbornly high, the answer lies with the bioactive form of folate called 5-MTHF, which is up to seven times more bioavailable than ordinary folic acid.6 This unique compound requires no enzymatic conversion to become metabolically active6— providing maximum support for both cardiovascular and cognitive health.
Each vegetarian tablet of High Potency Optimized Folate provides 5, 000 mcg of the metabolically active 5-MTHF form of folate.
1. Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Apr;83(4):842-50.
2. Am J Ther. 2014; Epub Nov 17.
3. Innov Clin Neurosci. 2011 Jan;8(1):19-28.
4. Am J Hum Genet. 2002 Mar;70(3):758-62.
5. Coll Antropol. 2004 Dec;28(2):647-54.
6. Br J Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;141(5):825-30.