Calcium hydroxyapatite bone complex in capsules
- Vitamin D is the precursor of 1, 25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, a potent hormone that promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium.
- Vitamin K is required for the activation of a bone protein that is responsible for bone calcium retention.
- Magnesium regulates calcium transport and appears to be required for normal bone growth.
- Boron may increase the levels of several hormones that retain calcium in bones, and can reduce urinary excretion of calcium and magnesium.
- HydroxyCal supplies a high level of microcrystalline hydroxyapatite complex from bone tissue, along with a complex of nutrients relevant to bone health and repair.
- Hydroxyapatite is an efficient source of calcium supplementation, as it is a very similar form of calcium to that found in human bone.
- Bovine whole bone extract is a rich source of calcium, phosphorus, trace minerals, and proteins, effectively preserved for use in HydroxyCal by freeze-drying.
- The citric and malic acid salts of calcium found in HydroxyCal are readily absorbed in humans.