Once-Daily Health Booster
Life Extension®s Once-Daily Health Booster (formerly known as Super Booster) is a cost-effective formula that combines a variety of valuable nutrients in one softgel. Health Booster contains many critical nutrients missing from most multivitamin formulas in a convenient daily softgel, designed to complement the Life Extension Mix or One/Two-Per-Day formulas.
Once-Daily Health Booster provides the following nutrients:
- Vitamins K1 and K2, including the rapidly absorbed MK-4 and the 24-hour bioavailable MK-7, 1 to keep calcium in the bones and out of the arteries.
- MacuGuard® proprietary blend, which contains trans-zeaxanthin, meso-zeaxanthin, and lutein to support eye health and healthy vision, now contains alpha-carotene to further support macular health.2
- Saffron has been added to help maintain visual acuity, based on cutting edge research findings3, 4
- Gamma tocopherol, a highly effective form of vitamin E, which quenches a dangerous free radical (peroxynitrite) that plays a major role in age-related decline.5, 6
- Vitamin E as D-alpha tocopherol to suppress lipid peroxidation.7, 8
- Blueberry extract to boost DNA function and sustain healthy blood sugar levels already within normal range.9, 10
- Sesame lignans to boost tissue levels of gamma tocopherol.11
- Lycopene to support prostate health and guard against LDL oxidation.12, 13
- Chlorophyllin, which offers protection against environmentally induced DNA damage.14
- Black currant extract anthocyanins to promote eye health.15
- Vitamin B12 to help maintain a healthy nervous system and metabolism.16
Just one softgel of the new Health Booster taken with a heavy meal provides optimized potencies of fat-soluble vitamins, carotenoids, and other nutrients needed by maturing individuals. Taken separately, the individual ingredients in Once-Daily Health Booster would cost two to three times more.
- Nutr J. 2012 Nov 12;11:93.
- JAMA Ophthalmol. 2015 Dec;133(12):1415-24.
- Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:429124.
- Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010 Dec;51(12):6118-24.
- Nutr Rev. 1997 Oct;55(10):376-8.
- Med Hypotheses. 2007;69(6):1367-70.
- Cardiovasc Res. 2003 Feb;57(2):563-71.
- Brain Res Bull. 1994;33(3):313-8.
- Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14(11):21447-62.
- J Med Food. 2011 Dec;14(12):1511-8.
- J Nutr. 2013 Jul;143(7):1067-73.
- Nutr Cancer. 2009;61(6):775-83.
- Lipids. 1998 Oct;33(10):981-4.
- Toxicology. 2004 Mar 1;196(1-2):117-25.
- J Biomed Biotechnol. 2004;2004(5):306-313.
- Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022013/ . Accessed April 24, 2015.