Botanical and nutritional factors for pain, trauma and inflammation
- Clinical research has documented that valerian/passion flower combinations may help stabilize mood and relieve nervous tension in humans.
- Willow bark is a natural source of salicylates and other compounds possessing analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Valerian has proven to be non-addictive and does not contribute to a hung-over morning feeling following use.
- Valerian is a source of valepotriates and valerianic acids, which are understood to calm the CNS and relax muscles.
- Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that can modify prostaglandins and augment the action of natural tissue proteases at the site of injuries. The resolution of the inflammatory process requires the degradation of inflammatory proteins, fibrin and cell debris in order to restore normal circulation and facilitate tissue repair.