Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 100mg
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10 for short) is a potent antioxidant that supports cardiovascular health and is absolutely essential for healthy mitochondrial function. The traditional form of CoQ10, ubiquinone, is difficult for your body to absorb — but the ubiquinol formlike that in Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 absorbs up to 8 times better!
Benefits at a Glance
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy energy production at the cellular level
- Absorbs up to 8 times better than ubiquinone CoQ10
- Provides powerful antioxidant support
- CoQ10 and healthy mitochondria
CoQ10 is an essential component of healthy mitochondrial function.1-6 The mitochondria are the cell’s energy powerhouses, and CoQ10 is required to convert the energy unlocked from fats and sugars into usable cellular energy.
Cardiovascular health and antioxidant defense
Because of this, CoQ10 is most highly concentrated in the cells of your body’s “workhorse” organs — like your brain and your heart.7 But CoQ10 is also a potent antioxidant, protecting important proteins and mitochondrial DNA from oxidative damage.8 Unfortunately, CoQ10 levels naturally deplete over time.
Coenzyme Q10 depletion: natural and unnatural causes
CoQ10 levels in your body naturally decrease as we age. And so-called “statin” drugs used to lower cholesterol also deplete CoQ10 levels in the blood and possibly in tissue as well.9, 10 Statin drugs have been shown to reduce plasma CoQ10 by nearly 40%.11 Alarmingly, the normal aging process may deplete CoQ10 levels even faster than the use of statin medications!
The aging process reduces CoQ10 levels in the heart muscle wall by 72%.12 The frightening result is that the dual effects of aging and using statin drugs simultaneously could result in a severe CoQ10 deficit, leading to seriously diminished cellular vitality in vital organs like your heart.11
Superior availability of ubiquinol CoQ10
Remember, traditional ubiquinone forms of CoQ10 are notoriously difficult for your body to absorb. And since the most important factor of any supplement is how much nutrient actually makes it into your bloodstream, you should know that scientific studies show ubiquinol CoQ10 absorbs up to 8 times greater than ubiquinone.
Clinically studied effects on aging and fatigue
In studies measuring exercise-induced fatigue, ubiquinol CoQ10 (like that in Super Ubiquinol CoQ10) was 90% more effective than ubiquinone.13 Furthermore, ubiquinol has been shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.13
Promote heart health and cellular vitality
Support your heart, promote healthy mitochondrial function, and maintain vital cellular energy production. Choose Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 — the highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of CoQ10 in a patented delivery system with a superior absorption level.14
- J Am Coll Nutr. 2001 Dec;20(6):591-8.
- Free Radic Res. 2002 Apr;36(4):445-53.
- Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005 Jun;37(6):1208-18.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Jul 21;95(15):8892-7.
- Neurobiol Dis. 2005 Apr;18(3):618-27.
- J Mol Neurosci. 2006;28(2):125-41.
- Biofactors. 2003;18(1-4):91-100.
- Mol Biotechnol. 2007 Sep;37(1):31-7.
- Mitochondrion. 2007 Jun;7 Suppl:S168-74.
- Cardiol Rev. 2005 Mar-Apr;13(2):76-9.
- J Clin Pharmacol. 1993 Mar;33(3):226-9.
- Biofactors. 1999;9(2-4):291-9.
- Biofactors. 2008;32(1-4):119-28.
- Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.