TravaGen is commonly used to improve mood and sleep quality, reduce cravings, and decrease anxiousness. It is frequently recommended for patients with low levels of serotonin, elevated levels of glutamate, and to support GABA activity.
- L-tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin*1
- Serotonin is associated with regulating mood and sleep2
- L-theanine is a glutamate receptor antagonist*3
- Glutamate is associated with anxiousness and chronic stress4
- Taurine is a GABA-A agonist*5
- GABA is associated with mood and anxiousness6
- Mateos et al. 2009.
- Ursin 2002; Dell-Osso et al. 2016.
- Kakuda et al. 2002.
- Cortese and Phan 2005; Bagley and Moghaddam 1997; McEwen 1999; Moghaddam 1993; Moghaddam et al. 1994; Moghaddam 2002.
- Jia et al. 2008.
- Kalueff and Allan 2007.